Who is Nordstrom? Nordstrom, Inc. is a household name in most regions of United States and Canada. It is a leading fashion retailer that offers brand name clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women and children. Nordstrom operates 354 stores in 40 of the United States and Canada. Customers are served at 122 full-line stores, 221 Nordstrom Rack stores, seven Trunk Club clubhouses (a personalized styling service), two Jeffrey boutiques, and two clearance stores. In addition, Nordstrom serves online customers in 96 countries through Nordstrom.com and nordstromrack.com web sites and apps. Nordstrom also operates a Private Sale site and app HauteLook, responsible for providing customers in the US, Canada and Australia access to discounted high end fashion at considerable savings. Nordstrom, Inc. is publicly traded on the NYSE. In order to enter Ukrainian market Nordstrom chose to partner with ZoolaTech, a US based company that has deep roots into Ukrainian Technology market. ZoolaTech operates Nordstrom’s Development Center in close collaboration with Nordstrom’s technology management and delivery teams. The team are working on Nordstrom native application development. Although the team run as an independent unit using Agile methodologies with co-located product owners in Kiev, it operates in close collaboration with mobile development teams in Seattle, WA, where Nordstrom’s HQ is based. We are a team of iOS & Android developers, testers, and product owners collaborating to make Nordstrom’s mobile applications incredible. We strive to delight our customers with each new release. We work in a high-speed, agile environment to ship features in the shortest time possible. We value energy, collaboration, and teamwork.
• Experience creating and publishing successful app(s) to a Google play.
• Writing clean, maintainable code, performing peer code-reviews and have excellent understanding of core Android concepts
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Collaborating with designers, product owners, web service developers, and other teams to produce the best applications possible.
You are experienced and happy in a fast-moving, continuous flow development environment.
• 3+ years of professional experience as an Android Engineer.
• Languages: Kotlin, Java
• Knowledge or experience with test driven development and agile/iterative development methodologies
• Understanding of RESTful API interaction and JSON.
• You own this if you have: RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit, Espresso.
• You have hands-on experience writing a variety of fairly complex Android apps.
• You want to keep growing your Android dev skills.
• Knowledge of the idiosyncrasies associated with various mobile platforms, screen resolutions, mobile OS versions.
• Self-directed and team oriented with a strong ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or any Engineering discipline is required.