As a Backend Engineer, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with Procore's customer base (namely Amazon), translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Empowered by your team-mates and other teams you will be driving the process migration the monolith architecture to microservices.
- Proactively collaborate with all stakeholders: developers of the team and other teams, engineering and product managers, QA, SRE team, and other internal groups;
- Keep and support the high standards for development process in the company;
- Take full responsibility for your own tasks from initiation, refinement and design through implementation and testing to delivery to production and fixing of issues in production;
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance of the system;
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities;
- Leverage our tech stack: Ruby/Rails/Postgres running in AWS on the back end, React/JS on the front end, Java/Elixir for microservices.
Drive key projects including:
- Scalability: We’re scaling Ruby on Rails and need engineers who are ready to take on the challenge of working on live, core systems with millions of users.
- Complex file systems: We’re building a world-class document and photo file management system from the ground up. You’ll work through challenges like pdf creation, photo management, large file manipulations, permissions and file revisioning, 3D models, and videos.
- Breaking a Monolith into Microservices: We are driving the process to move from the current monolith solution into microservices. We build, maintain, and develop a wide series of microservices and are looking for engineers adept at discovering new opportunities and driving them to completion.
- 3+ years experience in OOP fundamentals, TDD and Design principles;
- 3+ years SW development experience with Ruby/Rails;
- Solid knowledge of web protocols HTTP, WebSockets, OAuth, SAML;
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs;
- Familiar with the principles of OWASP;
- Great attention to details, ability and diligence in troubleshooting problems;
- Experience with version control systems (Git);
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals, and ability to satisfy all of these needs;
- Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications;
- Proven expertise with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Java/Elixir
- Experience in building and automating the microservices architecture
- Experience in network, virtualisation, data storage