A secure access system
taking a business to the next level.
Ranked at the top of the industry, this client is known to be one of the most popular construction software companies in the United States.
The software is designed to support a variety of construction projects, such as industrial plants, office buildings, apartment complexes, university facilities, retail centers, and more.
The Zoolatech team was tasked with building a solution to secure access to file storage for one of the top construction management SaaS organizations in the United States.
The previous solution allowed users outside of the organization to access internal files, which could lead to serious issues such as identity theft and financial loss — as well as placing the Company in danger of prosecution.
The task was to build a secure, auditable, and scalable solution. In addition to following the highest levels of security standards, the solution needed to allow existing customers to migrate without any downtime or issues of accessing ongoing projects, files, and users.
To help the Partner protect important files from cyberattack and corruption, we built a solution that ensures internal information is safeguarded from unauthorized users and intruders. The final product included a monitoring system that closely tracks events related to user operations and administers proper auditing.
To build a system that fits the business and security needs, the Zoolatech team analysed the existing monolithic structure to properly identify all functionalities responsible for managing files and any potential security gaps related to file sharing.
Zoolatech achieved the following goals:
- Implemented standard access patterns when working with internal files by avoiding insecure and disorganized file path classifications;
- Embedded authentication and authorization for all systems and users that manage files in order to leverage secure access control;
- Applied consistent auditing functionalities at the file level;
- Ensured storage independence. This allows each team and project to distinguish stored files and the associated auditing logs.
Additional functionality of the platform includes:
- Centralized authentication which allows certain levels of customization as per the needs of the project;
- Configurable auditing at the file level;
- Increased scalability and functional independence through an implemented microservice architecture;
- Detailed and consistent documentation, allowing for successful solution updates and the prevention of potential risks of failure.
Many potential clients held secure authentication and authorization as mandatory conditions. Once implemented, the new features allowed the Company to onboard many new customers.
The Zoolatech team successfully implemented a solution that centralized file access and enabled the secure management of file lifecycles.
In order to formally comply with the requirements of the International Standards Organization (ISO, namely ISO 19650) and the standards of a Common Data Environment (CDE), mitigating any security access vulnerabilities within the Company’s cloud environment was crucial.
Once these standards were met, the growth of the Company’s global enterprise segments was achievable.
This new solution has enabled the Company’s internal teams, stakeholders, and partners to collaborate on construction projects while simultaneously having the ability to safely share access to various documents between all types of IoT devices.