We are looking for highly skilled people who are inspired to work with the leader in the segment of creation of the software for the construction companies Procore Technology. The company provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more, so it knows everything about creating all-purpose management software which has great impacts to the lives of nearly everyone in the world.
As Frontend Engineer, you’re given the unique opportunity to be part of the Change Management Procore team working on several tools of the platform (Change Event, Change Orders, Request for Quotes). You'll be working intimately with Procore customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. At the projects we're working on, you'll be provided with the tools and resources needed to achieve the best results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
What you will do:
- Establish standards for development teams and lead initiatives in collaboration with Product Manager and product specialists, UI/UX specialist, other developers, and other internal development groups;
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance;
- Organise your own work in the most efficient way: slice the work basing on the input from the UI/UX team, create and agree with the team the tasks for yourself, report about the progress and demo the result to the stakeholders.
- Collaborate with your fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, discuss the architectural approaches and providing mentorship when needed;
- Have a significant impact that extends beyond the boundaries of your team, on projects such as:
- Scalability: This is a great chance to work on live, core systems with millions of users.
- Performance Considerations: As a large, enterprise application, it is vital that Procore’s code minimizes payload size, maximizes the use of deferred scripts, and consumes the lowest possible amount of browser resources.
- Developer Tooling: We create, maintain, and contribute to our own custom framework and component library built in React.
- Code Quality & Automated Testing: We strive for Test Driven Development currently we use Jest) in all of our front-end development.
- 4+ years experience in Object-Oriented Program and/or Functional Programming fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles.
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems;
- Demonstrated expertise with building and/or significantly improving large, business-critical systems involving stability, performance, and scalability;
- Demonstrated success taking large projects with limited direction and breaking them down into smaller milestones and scopes of work.
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs
- Proven experience with web tooling (Webpack, Jest, NPM, Babel, etc)
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of scope slicing, development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Ability to evaluate industry best-of-class technical approaches