Nordstrom.com is one of the largest retail e-commerce companies in North America. The Payments team is responsible for the set of services that are used daily by internal users. Also, the team is building the shared components which are reused by other products/teams. Products in the team's portfolio are not new. Though the team has full control over them and the customer is encouraging to do what's right to ensure that services meet modern engineering standards. Overall, if you like to communicate with customers and explore how things work at complex infrastructure, this might be the right project for you
· Design and develop individual features supporting Nordstrom’s Payments Platform that processes billions dollars transactions annually.
· Contribute to team’s Engineering practices, with particular focus on code quality, scalability, automated testing and continuous delivery.
· Collaborate within agile, multi-discipline team to understand customer and business scenarios as well as plan, design and deliver features into production.
· Develop robust, supportable, secure, scalable software for a high-availability, high-volume system.
· Provide telemetry solutions to support big data analytics, machine learning and operational metrics analysis.
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
· 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, working in a multi-discipline team environment
· 2+ years of experience using Java to develop modern, Internet-scale systems.
· Proficiency with both relational and NoSQL data sources.
· Working knowledge of AWS services such as EC2, S3, SQS, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudFormation, etc., or features on other similar cloud hosting platform.
· Solid foundation in software engineering practices, data modeling, objected oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms.
· Knowledge of scalable distributed systems and service-oriented architecture
· Experience with web service technologies such as REST and SOAP
· Passion for new technologies, operational excellence and customer impact
· Have a demonstrable track record for delivering successful product
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of Linux/Docker and open source software development is desired but not required.
· Experience with e-commerce and payment processing a plus.